- By - Patrick Robinson
- Featured Events
- Jan 07, 2022
Top Spots to Visit & Top Things to Do in Atlanta
Every city has something unique to offer. They each have their own story to tell. So different places, different events, and different people is something that will always attract tourists to a city. Therefore, what is the story behind Atlanta? This is one you might ask if you are planning to visit the city anytime soon. Atlanta is home to numerous beautiful places with numerous things to do. Continue reading to discover more about this city.
Places in Atlanta that tourists can visit
⦁ Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park: Were you aware of the fact that Martin Luther King Jr was born and raised in Atlanta? The work shown in this historical park is something you will fall in love with. It showcases the emotional bonds and cements the city as the heartbeat of the Civil Rights Movement. If you are someone who is interested in history and the history of the Civil Rights Movement, this park will be a place you don’t want to miss when in Atlanta. Browse through the internet to gather additional information about the park. The park is free of cost so no tickets are needed.
- The National Center For Civil And Human Rights: Opened in the year 2014, this is a wonderful museum like no other. The museum was designed to showcase and dedicate all the achievements of the civil rights movement that took place in the United States of America. Situated in Atlanta, this museum is open for locals and tourists. Inside are a number of exhibitions, both temporary and permanent. If you have interest in finding out about the history of this city, we recommend visiting this museum. Allow 90 minutes to explore the museum in its entirety.
- The King Center: The King Center was established in 1968 by the one and only Martin Luther King. For years, this place has been visited by many people wanting to pay tribute to Martin Luther. This famous place carries out initiatives, both internationally and domestically. It is dedicated to education, research, and training in the methods, philosophy, and principles of Kingian nonviolence. Visit their website to find more information about the center.
- Georgia Aquarium: Book your tickets in advance online if you want to explore the aquarium. Home to a plethora of animals and species across seven galleries, this aquarium is not like other traditional ones. The species reside in more than eleven million gallons of saltwater and freshwater.
- College Football Hall of Fame: This hall of fame is specially dedicated to college football. The place was founded in 1951 by the National Football Foundation in order to recognize both coaches and players. If you are a football lover, visiting this place is definitely worth it. In order to visit, you will need to have a city pass.
- World of Coca Cola: It’s a fact that in Atlanta coke is the king. Nothing can replace it. Every restaurant, vending machine, and nearby grocery store sells coke at reasonable rates. When you are in Atlanta do not miss the opportunity to have a coke.
These are just some of the things you can do in Atlanta. We hope this article has provided you with places to explore and things to experience when in Atlanta. Now that you are familiar with them, pack your bags, book your tickets, and get ready to explore Atlanta.