Glendale - Tourist Attractions, Things To Do, Hotels And Restaurants
Glendale is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, like Long Beach near the San Fernando Valley and Verdugo Mountains. It is the 24th-largest city in California and the fourth largest in Los Angeles County. The distance from downtown Los Angeles to Glendale is around 10 miles (16 km). This vibrant city has both hot summers and mild winters with occasional rainfall.
Throughout Glendale, you will find many cherished moments under the desert sun with magic woven into every exploration. The downtown area has various boutique shops, art galleries, and diverse dining choices of numerous cuisines. Nature enthusiasts are drawn to Thunderbird Conservation Park, which hosts year-round recreational activities.
When it’s time to rest and recharge, you will find a wide range of accommodations, from charming boutique hotels to luxurious desert resorts, all eager to create unforgettable experiences that perfectly complement your journey in this city. Read on for more information…
What is Glendale known for?
A lot of big companies have their offices in or close to Glendale. These include ABC7, IHOP Corporation, The Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney Imagineering, DreamWorks Animation, Baxter BioScience, and Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks.
Stay in Glendale
➤ Glendale Hotel
Are you planning a trip to Glendale and want a nice yet budget-friendly place to stay? Glendale Hotel, Glendale Lodge, is a great option for you.
- Vending Machine: To satisfy your late-night cravings or get a quick energy boost before heading out to explore Glendale, the hotel offers vending machines for your convenience.
- Top Attractions to Explore:
The Glendale Hotel boasts a prime location, providing easy access to some of the city’s top attractions.
Glendale Federal Savings Building: If you have an interest in architectural marvels or want to explore the financial history of Glendale, this building is a must-see.
Power and the Passion: For art enthusiasts, the Power and the Passion exhibit is a great opportunity to admire local talent and creativity.
- Food To Enjoy In Nearby Locations:
Gren Korean BBQ House: Explore the lively world of Korean cuisine right in Glendale. A dining experience at Gren Korean BBQ House will leave your taste buds delighted.
I Love Tofu & BBQ: For those seeking a vegetarian or vegan-friendly option, I Love Tofu & BBQ offers a delectable menu of tofu and barbecue dishes.
➤ Hyatt Place Glendale/ Los Angeles
Situated in the heart of Glendale, this hotel offers a welcoming atmosphere and a range of amenities like:
- Pet-Friendly Haven: At Hyatt Place Glendale, your furry friends are welcome to join in on the adventure.
- Fuel Up with Free Breakfast: Wake up every morning to a delightful surprise – a complimentary breakfast buffet! This breakfast is a hearty buffet-style meal that provides you with an array of delicious options.
- Splash in the Outdoor Pool: For those sunny California days, the outdoor pool at Hyatt Place Glendale is a refreshing oasis. Take a dip, soak up the sun, or simply lounge by the poolside with a good book.
- Stay Active with Gym and Workout Room: If staying active is part of your daily routine, the on-site gym and workout room are at your disposal.
➤ Hampton Inn And Suites Los Angeles- Glendale
The Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles-Glendale Hotel offers a range of amenities to make your stay enjoyable and hassle-free.
- Laundry Services and Dry Cleaning: The hotel provides laundry services, which means you can get your clothes washed during your stay.
- Free Parking: Free parking is a big relief for tourists who can be worried about finding a safe and cost-effective place to park their vehicles. You can leave your vehicle at the hotel without worrying about extra charges.
- Convenience Store: The hotel features a convenience store on-site, which can be a lifesaver for travelers like snacks and toiletries.
➤ The Glenmark, Glendale a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
This upscale hotel combines luxury with a commitment to sustainability, offering a range of amenities designed to cater to a diverse array of travelers.
- Sustainability: The hotel has implemented eco-friendly practices to minimize its impact on the environment like energy-efficient lighting, recycling programs, water conservation efforts, and sourcing locally.
- Pet-Friendly: The hotel provides amenities like pet beds and food dishes, ensuring that your pets are treated with the same level of care and comfort as you.
- Meeting Space: These areas are designed for gatherings, presentations, and conferences, with modern technology and amenities to ensure a successful event.
➤ Hilton Los Angeles North/ Glendale & Executive Meeting
This upscale hotel offers a range of amenities that cater to the needs and preferences of both leisure and business travelers.
- Bicycle Rental/Car Hire: Exploring the city is an essential part of any tourist’s experience that’s why this hotel makes it easier by offering bicycle rentals and car hire services.
- Friendly Buffet: This hotel is perfect for families with children. The kid-friendly buffet ensures that even the pickiest eaters have something to enjoy.
- Restaurants: From international cuisine to local specialties, the hotel’s restaurants offer a delightful culinary journey that brings out the flavors of Los Angeles.
➤ The Langham Hunting, Pasadena
This historic hotel, with its lush gardens and stunning architecture, offers a delightful blend of classic charm and modern amenities.
- Hot Tub and Pool: If you are looking to unwind after a long day of sightseeing or soak up some California sunshine, this resort-style pool are perfect for all your leisure needs.
- Restaurants and Bar: The hotel a vari offers variety of dining options, for an elegant dining experience, visit The Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse, known for its delectable steaks and fine wines.
- Boutique Shopping and Gift Store: The hotel offers a range of chic boutiques for those looking to indulge in retail therapy. The gift store is an excellent stop for mementos and local goods, ensuring you can take home a piece of Pasadena with you.
Things to do in Glendale
Explore Historic Downtown Glendale:
Historic Downtown Glendale is a place filled with old, interesting buildings that have a lot of stories to tell. There are two main parts to this area – Old Towne, which has charming brick sidewalks and old-fashioned gaslights, where you can find famous places to eat, cool antique shops, and unique stores. Then, there’s Catlin Court, known for its cute houses from the mid-1900s with picket fences, as well as special places to eat and shop.
Get Some Exercise at Glendale Heroes Regional Park
Traveling can be tiring, especially when you have little ones along. So, if your trip takes you to Glendale and you’ve had a long journey, consider a day at Glendale Heroes Regional Park to let everyone stretch and have fun. This park has a playground, volleyball courts, a splash pad to cool off, a skate park, walking trails, and even a place to try archery.
Hike Thunderbird Conservation Park:
The Thunderbird Conservation Park is a beautiful desert park covering a massive 1,185 acres, and it’s a fantastic spot to connect with nature and have some outdoor family fun during your visit to Glendale. You’ll discover playgrounds, picnic spots, and lots of hiking trails. The park opens from sunrise to sunset, and the trails are not just for hikers – you might spot cyclists and even people riding horses. The main entrance to the park is on 59th Avenue, between Deer Valley Road and Pinnacle Peak Road.
What is a fun fact about Glendale CA?
- There are 27 other places in the US with the name Glendale.
- Some peacocks live in the Historic Sahuaro Ranch area and are free to roam.
- There are 1,500 different kinds of rose bushes in the beautiful Sahuaro Ranch Rose Garden, which is next to the historic houses.
Current Glendale Events, Places to Visit and Tickets Availability
Glendale has made itself one of the most happening cities in the United States, offering an unmatched range of live events. It features many international personalities and also grooms the best of local artists. You will find live music, comedy shows, theatrical cinematography, exciting sports matches, and other art forms daily. You can explore Eventsfy’s website to know the upcoming events, buy tickets to your favorite shows, and check the venues. Some of the most visited events or venues in Glendale are listed below.
Most Visited Event Places/Venues in Glendale
Glendale Heroes Regional Park is a cool spot for skaters and bikers, and the best part is it’s totally free! This park has a massive 26,000-square-foot concrete area where you can ride your bikes, skateboards, or rollerblades. The park was designed by Site Design Group, which knows a lot about making awesome skate parks. You can try all sorts of tricks, from simple ones like the Ollie or Bunnyhop to mastering the 9-foot bowl.
The Glendale Galleria is hosting a special night of style at the trendy City Chic boutique on Thursday, March 26th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. This event is being hosted by Sherry Lee Meredith, a fashion-loving curvy fashionista, and celebrity stylist Gregory Zarian. City Chic is known for its fabulous plus-size fashion that empowers women to feel confident and embrace their natural beauty. During this evening, you can get a sneak peek at the latest spring fashion trends, and Sherry Lee will give you free styling advice to help you look and feel your best. Sherry Lee is all about promoting body positivity and helping people love themselves and lead healthy lives.
Events in Glendale – Current and Upcoming Events Calendar
Check out the current events happening in the Glendale area and book tickets now at Eventsfy.com.
Glendale, Los Angeles, has a lot of things to do and see. This city is full of life and has something for everyone, from great restaurants and bars to beautiful buildings and museums. So, pack your bags and be ready to witness what Glendale has to offer!